Please note that these courses are funded by the Derbyshire County Local Dental Committee, through the levies collected from Derbyshire NHS dental practices, therefore priority will be given to Derbyshire dental practices.
Upcoming CPD Courses
Infection Control in Dental Practice
Presented by Jenny Nixon from Dentisan
Head and Neck Cancer in General Dental Practice – What do I need to know and how can I help?
This will be a description of head and neck cancer treatment (including skin cancer) with a particular focus on early diagnosis and what to look out for and what to refer. It will describe examples of the different treatment modalities and discuss issues including the prognosis to give the GDP more information when considering how to help these patients after treatment in the GDP setting. There will be the opportunity to test your diagnostic skills and also to discuss any issues that have caused problems or questions in the past.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- formulate a differential diagnosis of “suspicious” lesions of the head and neck
- recognise lesions that require referral to secondary care
- describe the available treatment modalities
- discuss the prognostic factors in head and neck cancer
- assess the options for treating these patients in general dental practice
Tuesday 25th June 2019
Higham Farm Hotel, Main Road, Higham, DE55 2EH
7pm, with buffet dinner from 6.30pm
2 hours CPD
Free of charge for the entire team